Saturday, December 25, 2010

101 Goals in 1,001 Days

So I'm doing it.  All in the name of progress.  I chant this little mantra all the time, "Growth. Not Recession," but when I stop to think about it, what am really doing in order to grow or advance.  In all actuality, nothing.  That stops today.  December 25, 2010.  I am setting 101 goals.  BIG goals.  The will be both ambitious and feasible, and on September 21, 2013 I will be able to say I've accomplished these goals and I will be a change person because of it.  They will be measurable and I will make sure I do so every step of the way so here comes my master list...




101 Goals in 1,001 Days




Health
  1. Loose and keep off 20 pounds
  2. Run 1 half-marathon
  3. Run a mile in under 9 minutes
  4. Do less chemical processes to my hair
  5. Start wearing my real hair
  6. Brush teeth three times a day
  7. Upgrade to the Weight Watchers online tracker (Done 1.12.11)
Entertainment


8.  Watch the 100 Best Movies of the Decade
      The Wrestler. Coraline. Shrek. Mean Girls.  Ratatouille. Zodiac. The 40-Year-Old  
      Virgin. Knocked Up. Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.  Meet the Parents. Superbad.  
      Napoleon Dynamite. Finding Nemo. Superbad. Coraline. Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  Bad Santa.  
9.  Re-read the entire Harry Potter series
10.  Listen to three artists' albums in a genre outside of my comfort zone
11.  Visit the library once a month
12.  Go to a book signing or an author's discussion
13.  Attend 5 Concerts
       1.  Trey Songz 12.14.12
        2.  Rihanna (Coming Soon 5.4.13)
        3.  King Bey (Coming Soon 7.25.13)
        4.  Legends of Summer (Coming Soon 8.5.13)
14.  Sing kararoke at a kararoke bar (Done 1.13.13 w/ my LS on Founder's Day)
15.  Go to a comedy show
16.  Attend two professional football games
        1.  Ravens v. Texans 10.16.11 (Got Field Passes from TFA!)
17.  Attend two professional baseball games (besides the Cardinals)
18.  Attend two professional basketball games
        1.  Game 6 of the NBA Finals in Miami....Amazing! Even though my Heat lost :(
19.  Attend one professional hockey game
20.  Learn to play chess
21.  Learn how to play Madden on PS3 (learned all the basic rules...honing my skills now)
22.  Read Vogue from cover to cover every month
23.  Subscribe to Black Enterprise
24.  See a musical (Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark 1.15.11)
25.  Go to the taping of a show with a live studio audience
26.  Read 19 or more "Must Read" Books (1 per month)
        1.  The Help (LOVE)
        2.  Total Money Makeover 
        3.  The Hunger Games
        4.  Mocking Jay
        5.  Catching Fire
27.  Watch 25 movies from IMDB's top 250 list
        1.  Forest Gump
          2.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt. 2
         3.  Lion King
         4.  Some Like it Hot
         5. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
         6.  Toy Story
         7.  Hotel Rowanda
         8.  The Truman Show
         9.  Ratatouille
       10.  The Help
       11. The Dark Knight Rises


     
Education


28.  Improve my Spanish
29.  Take a beginner French class
30.  Visit 5 museums
         1.  American History Museum to the Kinsey Collection 3.11
         2.  Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History and Culture
31.  Learn about feng shui
32.  Graduate from Johns Hopkins with a MS in Education (May 2012)
33.  Search for doctoral programs
34.  Add a new word to my vocabulary every week




Finances


35.  Save $10,000
36.  Pay off ALL Credit Card Debt
37.  Keep detailed records of finances (Started on www.mint.com 12.31.10 to track)
38.  Establish a 12 month emergency fund
39.  Raise my credit score
40. Get a safety deposit box


Self-Improvement


41.  Take a photography class
42.  Take a cake decorating class
43.  Become a certified makeup artist
44.  Become a licensed cosmetologist
45.  Find a career that evokes passion
46.  Be less negative.  Look at the bright side more often
47.  Complete morning devotion for 10 minutes at least three times a week
48.  Write 10 handwritten letters to people in my life telling them how important they are to me
49.  Find a local church home (New Psalmist Baptist Church! YAY!)
50.  Learn to paint
51.  Learn figure drawing for fashion design


Food


52.  Bake at least once a week
53.  Learn to cook (like really cook)
54.  Try 15 new restaurants 
      Brooklyn Diner- Times Square, sort of small, but good food! 1.15.11
        iCi-Fresh, Seasonal, Local Food in Brooklyn (LOVED IT) 1.16.11
        The View-Rotating Restaurant in Times Square (Great!) 1.16.11
        B.O.P.-Award winning pizza in Fells Point.  Good stuff! 1.28.11
        Atwater's- Fresh food restaurant who's menu changes each day (really good) 2.3.11
        Max Brenner's- Chocolate, Chocolate, CHOCOLATE (LOVEEEE) 2.5.11
        Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle's- It was ok....not all it is hyped to be 2.20.11
        Ms. Shirley's- BOMB.com breakfast food!!! 4.16.11
        The Cup- Not a real restaurant but I just had to include it...Cupcakery in The CWE in    St. Louis...GREAT!!!
       Tortilleria Sinaloa- Restaurant in Fell's Point.  I blindly bought a Groupon...sad I did.  These tacos were  
       fresh but nothing special AT ALL. 5.1.11
       Pappa's Seafood- Best CRABCAKES!!!!!!! 5.5.11
       Chocolatea- A quaint cafe with coffee and tea and good food in Charles Village near Johns Hopkins.  Nice 
       study place w/ free wi-fi too!!
       Chickie & Pete's- Bomb Fries with special seasoning....too good! 5.13.11
       Oybryckys- First experience with actual whole crabs...not too bad! 6.11.11
       Cafe Estelle- Great Breakfast and Brunch in Northern Liberties...a cute section of Philly 7.17.11
       
55.  Take a cooking class
56.  Eat 10 things I've never tried before
        -Sweet Potato Pancakes
        -Lobster Bisque
        -Blue Crab
        -Monkey Bread
        -Philly Cheesesteak
        -Jerk Chicken
        -Fried Plantain
        -Ox Tails
        -Brie
        -Green Beans fresh from the plant 
57. Attend a wine tasting
58.  Make pasta from scratch


Life


59.  Stop all use of swear words and foul language
60. Create a dream journal
61.  Correspond (in some form) with my long distance friends at least once a week 
       (Group Business calls every tuesday!)
62.  Take an all-girls vacation to some beach somewhere
        (Done Florida w/ BBB! 8.12.13!)
63.  Write 8 Chapters of my own book
64.  Create 57 YouTube v-logs
65.  Call my grandmothers once a week
66.  Go to Las Vegas and enjoy Las Vegas
        (Done! 8.19.11 With some of my favorite women! Gotta go again!)
67.  Buy two pair of Christian Louboutins (Done and Done)
68.  Buy property
69.  Send out personalized Christmas Cards
70.  Write personal handwritten Thank You Notes whenever appropriate
71.  Maintain a dream journal for one year
72.  Keep a my day in 6 words journal for one year
73.  Take one picture of something or someone in my life everyday
74.  Watch the sun rise and sun set on the same day
75.  Post on my blog once a week
76.  Buy a digital picture frame
77.  Put fresh flowers in my home at least once a month
78.  Organize my closet
79.  Visit Paris
80.  Get my passport (Got it for my trip to the DR!)
81.  Buy a new macbook and give the old one to my mom (Done January 2012)
82.  Get a professional Massage and Facial (Got the massage for my B-Day 2.9.13 now I just need the facial!)
83.  Fly first class somewhere (Done Punta Cana to Atlanta 1.2.13)
84.  Sew my own pillows and drapes
85.  Complete the 26 things photo shoot
86.  Order personalized stationary (Erincondrin.com love it!)
87.  Create an emergency kit of important documents and keepsakes that can be grabbed quickly



Career


88.  Create 3 products for my beauty line
89.  Take steps to legitimize Beauty and the Chic as a real company
90.  Get my own business cards
91.  Make my company website




For Others


92.  Send 10 just because gifts
93.  Complete 500 hours of community service
94.  Donate on Kiva.com
95.  Help fund a project on Donorschoose.com
96.  Donate 1000 grains of rice to freerice.com (Done 1.23.11---Now Working Toward 10,000)
97.  Discard/Donate 25% of my clothes
98.  Compile a list of important family and friends birthdays (Done 1.1.11)
99.  Mail birthday cards to family and friends






100.  Review/update this list once a month
101.  Make a new list when this one is finished




Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment